Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Prologue

+10
Angela
Izelia Ishkar
Alex
Vieth C'rran
Count Lucan
Clive Grayson III
Shai
Tomi Hayashi
Jaeger
Aru
14 posters

:: Forum :: Red Dawn RPG

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Prologue - Page 3 Empty Re: The Prologue

Post by Rathe Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:41 pm

Huh. Well fuck. Rathe was rather surprised that he apparently didn't even touch metal man. And those were his only swords, too...he didn't have any other weapons, had never had any need for any others and didn't exactly plan on replacing them. Well, if that meant he didn't get on the team, then...damn, that would be a disappointment. Especially with all the distance he'd had to cover trying to get here. He sheathed his swords and went to sit back down, this time a few chairs over from where he had been sitting before.

If nothing else, Rathe always attempted to look on the bright side. It only meant that he would need to keep training. He could leave, travel a bit more and pump up his strength, or he could stay and train, maybe get a permanent smithing job. He'd seen a shop in town, run by a rather wrinkly-looking old man. Maybe he could help him out for some extra money.

Besides, he thought, letting his eyes linger on some of the ladies in the group, I haven't gotten to formally introduce myself to anyone in this town. He smirked to himself, though his mind purposely excluded Ce'Nedra. Yeah, Rathe figured he could extend his stay. Among other things. Heh.
Rathe
Rathe

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Character sheet
Health Points:
The Prologue - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue54/54The Prologue - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (54/54)
Health Points 2:
The Prologue - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Prologue - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui Li Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:41 pm

Eh? Already? Rui pointed at his own face for confrimation. Well there wasn't any other Rui's in the room was there? Well he didn't anything to lose at this point.

Rui gave a curt nod and moved to pull the knot free from the sheet pulling away, and out from underneth the object inside. Carefully the sheet was folded up and placed neatly on the chair. This left a large object which more or less was a large boomerang, except rather more steel than one would usually expect. It was a rather rough at the edges, but not really suited for cutting, which was a shame, as it might really help right now.

Rui smiled wistfully look up a the number 88, which was had been neatly painted on the side of the weapon. I guess I'll see if I get lucky, right?"Rui moved far enough towards his opponent, that no one else was blocking the way. Time to let go of this side of me for a bit.

He blinked, Now acting much more composed and alert, with both hands he swung Eightyeight as hard as he could, and then released it. Quietly he watched it arc through the air, trying to judge if it would be enough
Rui Li
Rui Li

Number of posts : 15
Weapon : EightyEight

Character sheet
Health Points:
The Prologue - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue62/62The Prologue - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (62/62)
Health Points 2:
The Prologue - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Prologue - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vieth C'rran Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:18 am

Vieth didn't react at all to Izelia pulling away. Of course she'd be startled, he knew she was going to react like that. Anyone would in her situation, especially to a stranger. He couldn't help one corner of his mouth turning up in a grin at her scowl. "Feh, whatever, I didn't attack him with the best I had anyway." Why would anyone attack full strength? That'd be giving too much away. That's why I'm disappointed in myself... Mid thought he realized she had a small tint of blush on her face. "Besides, I never asked for anyone's opinion, I don't need it." Vieth couldn't believe he'd made her blush, even the tiniest bit. His skin turned an even whiter shade of pale. That was totally not the reaction I expected...

"Awww, come on Izzy. You did well. It's a guy made of metal after all. What would happen if you try to hit an iron wall? She shook her head. "Some guys try to be nice cause they are." The corner of Vieth's mouth twitched just the tiniest bit as he watched the interaction forming among the three friends. Someone... standing up for me? I deserve whatever scoffing I'm getting, sneaking up on her like that. He felt a little bad that someone was making Izelia cringe. She's much better than that, Vieth could just... sense it. She wouldn't be here otherwise. Something about what Mrs. Windy (Angela was it? Vieth was relying on hearing names through a metal door from several feet away here. His hearing was that good, but his memory was lacking.)

Vieth hadn't even noticed Mr. Shield-Sword (Alexandor, was it? Vieth had forgotten already) until he spoke. " Don't worry Ize, you two would make a fabulous couple. " He grinned while pointing toward the tinman, " You have my blessing. " Vieth couldn't resist an inaudible snicker. Oh that would definitely cure him of his blue balls... Regaining his composure almost instantly, he wasn't the least bit surprised to see Ize hit Alexandor on the head. Just glad she didn't try to hit me. "Shut up, I don't need your blessing for anything, Guardog." Vieth pondered the connection between the party of three, but shoved that aside when Izelia addressed him. "I can't seem to prevent people from bugging me, it seems. But, feh, if you already know my name, I might as well get yours."

With a perfectly smooth countenance perfected by years of not caring, and incredible flatness of voice, he spoke, "Vieth, Vieth a loner." Vieth took his hood off, only ashamed that his scar was showing a tiny bit. ""It's been, ah, awhile since I've tried talking to people." He fixed his black eyes, gold flecks shining, at Izelia before deciding to try not intimidating her. After all, she had been holding back, right? Better not to provoke her. His eyes seemed to inexplicably soften, the shine going out of the golden specks randomly dotting Vieth's eyes and becoming a soft glow. ""I'm curious about a few things. How did you come about such an intriguing tatoo" gesturing to Izelia's other shoulder, the one he didn't touch, "and what's it symbolize?"

Vieth had heard the crazy hatted man tell of Blue Balls but hadn't bothered to focus on him. However, when the music started after Vieth's question, he couldn't help but focus. Lucan's display was... intriguing at best, disappointing at worst, and hilarious in between. Vieth was surprised he heard no footsteps though, despite the heavy dragging of the cape. The tune also seemed hauntingly beautiful to Vieth, most unlike any tune he'd heard. Although no other tune made his eye twitch just like that, near where his scar was. Vieth was impressed crazy guy didn't bounce off Blue Balls with that punch, even if B.B. clearly wasn't phased by anything. Another example of what I was saying.

Vieth managed to sneak a quick look at Izelia to see her reaction to the fight, not knowing what to expect. His eyes darted back as red-head took the stage.

Vieth admired red-head for going the two weapon route. Vieth's brow furrowed momentarily, a bad memory resurfacing, from his childhood... but he surpressed it. In the meantime, personal demons sufficiently controlled, Red-head completely whiffed Blue Balls! Vieth was in complete control of his facial features at this point, but his spirit was definitely surprised. I thought red head would have been able to connect at least. Even if one is holding their strength back they should be nicking Blue Balls. Again with flat countenance and voice, but without glancing at her face, Vieth whispered to Izelia, "At least you were able to connect with Blue Balls." Vieth then turned to face Izelia, knowing he'd hear the next contendor when thing started up. All he heard while waiting his response was the unwrapping of paper and then the swish of something through the air. Vieth decided he'd wait and see if Izelia responded or if she was too focused on the newest challenger to answer.

Last edited by Vieth C'rran on Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to read the third page.)
Vieth C'rran
Vieth C'rran

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Character sheet
Health Points:
The Prologue - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue32/42The Prologue - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (32/42)
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izelia Ishkar Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:24 am

Izelia somehow hadn't expected such a quick and straight answer from a guy that was hooded and that appeared to look all very mysterious most of the time. Though he only told her his first name, which was good enough for now, she assumed. After she saw his face under his hood though, she became far more intrigued, he didn't look like a common at all. At least, she had never seen someone with such a pale skin... nor such weird eyes. The scar was also pretty interesting. This by no means made her thrust the stranger yet, but looking nothing like all the men she had lived with when she was a child helped his case a tad. Then again, Metal-Jerk was also something else, and he acted like a prick just like those in her hometown.

He then asked about her tattoo, something that she didn't expect in the least. The tattoo itself covered the entire part from her right shoulder to her elbow, it was entirely black, but it was mostly a random looking design of circular thick lines, forming no evident figure or symbol. For most people, it was just a random tattoo drawing. Almost no one had asked her about it before. "Eh... this?" She shrugged. "I acquired it during my training. Not something you're meant to do when learning martial arts. But meh, that has never stopped me." She knew it was a very vague and incomplete response, but it was as much as she was willing to tell to someone she had just met.

Meanwhile, other two contestants tried their luck against Jaeger. She turned to watch them, but she wasn't really interested. She didn't really care what others did, the fact was that she had done far less than what she was meant to do. And not even seeing the rest of the class doing as bad or worse than her would make her feel better. Hearing yet another comment from Vieth after the red-headed man missed Metal-jerk completely. Izelia scoffed again, the fact that the red head had missed didn't meant she was good, it just meant the Red head was less skilled than her at any rate, and that wasn't of any comfort to her.

"I told you, I never asked for you opinion." This time she said this far more calmly than the first time. But even if she didn't immediately dislike that Vieth fellow. She was never fond of other people trying to make her feel good when she knew she hadn't done as she supposed.
Izelia Ishkar
Izelia Ishkar

Number of posts : 24
Weapon : Tetsuryu

Character sheet
Health Points:
The Prologue - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue46/46The Prologue - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vieth C'rran Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:25 am

"Eh... this?" She shrugged. "I acquired it during my training. Not something you're meant to do when learning martial arts. But meh, that has never stopped me." Vieth made no facial reaction whatsoever, not even blinking, but he figured there was more to the story. Perhaps another time he would hear it all.

"I told you, I never asked for you opinion." Vieth almost snapped back that he had not been offering opinions but mostly fact, as he saw it anyway. But he rationalized that this line of thinking would get him no where so he just shrugged. "So, I believe it's your turn for a question." He focused his eyes on her, hoping they seemed soft enough.
Vieth C'rran
Vieth C'rran

Character sheet
Health Points:
The Prologue - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue32/42The Prologue - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (32/42)
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izelia Ishkar Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:53 am

Izelia blinked. "Is it?" Her tone and expresion showing a bit of surprise, but still looking back directly at that man's strange eyes. Honestly, she never expected him to stand for her rudeness this long, much less while being that calm. She figured he was really something else. That, or he really was a loner, like he said. Izelia wasn't one normally interested in meeting and making acquitances, but seeing that she was apparently going to stay with this group for a while, she figured that she might as well start somewhere. And after all, This Vieth person didn't really gave her the bad impresion most men did.

"Alright, I'll bite. What's with the cloak and the scythe? Are you trying to impersonate the grim Reaper?" She wasn't really being any kinder to the stranger. But this was how she was after all. Also, she figured her was a fair enough question. There were many curious things about that man. But asking about hi weapon and outfit seemed to be less intrusive than to ask about his scar... or his very... unique eyes.
Izelia Ishkar
Izelia Ishkar

Character sheet
Health Points:
The Prologue - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue46/46The Prologue - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (46/46)
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vieth C'rran Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:16 pm

Vieth couldn't resist a smile. Technically that's two questions. It didn't take much effort of will to not chuckle, but it was something Vieth almost considered doing. With a tiny smile he replied, "The scythe is an old farm weapon that I have carried with me for a long time now." His eyes, and his whole face, darkened for a second, and a chill seemed to emenate from him, although Vieth gained his bland countenance again. "As for the cloak, it just keeps the rain off. And the hood hides my face. I am pretty sure you realize that my face would attract a lot of attention." He started to reach for putting the hood up, then decided against it. He did not want to have to hid his face here, of all places. "As for impersonating the Grim Reaper, I am hardly grim. But you could say I am a Reaper." Again a darkness flashed across his eyes and they seemed to go out of focus, but the moment passed and he focused intently on Izelia again.
Vieth C'rran
Vieth C'rran

Character sheet
Health Points:
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izelia Ishkar Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:36 pm

"The scythe is an old farm weapon that I have carried with me for a long time now."

Izelia felt an odd chill trough her body as he spoke, but didn't flinch. It was something odd. But then again, with her little "Aura check" earlier, she had indeed sensed some unique spiritual energies among the people in the room. Veith was no doubt one of the strongest she sensed. As for his answer itself. It was obvious he wasn't telling all about the story, but she didn't really are enough to know yet. Though he saying "Long time" made her wonder for a moment how old he was, he did look a tad weird with how pale his face was. But his hair was jet black, not a single white hair on it.

"As for the cloak, it just keeps the rain off. And the hood hides my face. I am pretty sure you realize that my face would attract a lot of attention."

She chuckled, "You got that right. But still, many of us here don't look very normal anyway." She shrugged "Besides, who cares how you look? as long as you are strong enough to be in this place." This was rather odd for her to say, ut she meant every word of it. One of the things she hated the most about society is how they were so prone to judge someone by the way they looked.

"As for impersonating the Grim Reaper, I am hardly grim. But you could say I am a Reaper."

Izelia felt something weird happen across his eyes as he said this, but she wasn't that surprissed at this point. Veth's eyes was probably the weirdest thing about him. But she didn't lose sight of them, it was rather interesting for her to stare at such curious eyes. "Huh, really. Are you here to reap the souls of the people here?" She said with a half smile. Obviously joking, it was odd for her to feel this much interest for someone she just met.
Izelia Ishkar
Izelia Ishkar

Character sheet
Health Points:
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vieth C'rran Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:56 pm

"You got that right. But still, many of us here don't look very normal anyway." She shrugged "Besides, who cares how you look? as long as you are strong enough to be in this place." Vieth couldn't help but shrug. He knew that people judged him, judged everyone, based on looks. But that wasn't why he wanted his face hidden. "My face is a little too memorable for my own good." His mouth twitched into a lopsided grin. I am a freak. His eyes narrowed for a second at his self-loathing.

"Huh, really. Are you here to reap the souls of the people here?" She said with a half smile. Vieth couldn't help closing his eyes and smiling. His teeth were a healthier shade of white than his skin. "Souls wouldn't be the first thing I've reaped." He opened his eyes, smile remaining. "Maybe I will reap some souls."

Vieth felt that they were missing something important, so he decided to cut their conversation off there. "Hopefully we'll trade more questions and answers later. Until then, Izelia." Vieth flipped his hood up, letting it cover everything except his smile. He walked to the opposite wall and leaned back against that. I may have made a new ally. We shall see.
Vieth C'rran
Vieth C'rran

Character sheet
Health Points:
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:00 pm

Angela waited till Vieth was out of earshot before turning to Izelia. What a nice guy isn't he? she said with a grin. You weren't very rude weren't you? Her voice turned into a soft singing voice now. You really liiiike him, you wanna kiiiiss him. When will you ask him for a date? Two guys at the same day? That's going to be a fun night for you tonight! A smirk appearing on her face.
Angela
Angela

Number of posts : 22
Weapon : Jian

Character sheet
Health Points:
The Prologue - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue32/40The Prologue - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (32/40)
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:48 pm

Arch walked into the room, not paying attention to anything really, he just looked for an empty chair and took a seat. Arch really didn't know what to do in the room, it looked like a battle was going on but what did that have to do with him? So Arch just stayed out of it. But, Arch was noisy so he looked up around for the person being attacked. Arch saw him real quickly, the person with surprised people looking at him and hard to notice marks.

Arch didn't care if he shouldn't attack him or if someone else was already attacking him, all Arch was look at him and bark, "’Ey, metal man!" With that sprang out of his chair and glided trough the air. Then Arch realized his sword has on his chair so in the air he just planned on colliding with him.
Arch
Arch

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Character sheet
Health Points:
The Prologue - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue55/60The Prologue - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (55/60)
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aru Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:31 pm

Jaeger watched the oversized... boomerang arc through the air lazily, not noticing the new person walk in.

"'Ey, metal man!"

"Whuzzat?" Jaeger turned away from the boomerang surrpised to see a human BODY flying right at him, his face one of pure angst and rage. "They don't pay me enough for th-" The body slammed into him at the same time the boomerang smacked into the side of his head, taking it clean off as his body slammed into the ground turning into a puddle under Arch.

Rui Li attacks Jaeger!
Arch throws himself at Jaeger! like an idiot
Jaeger takes 5 damage!

Jaeger quickly reformed scowling at both of them. "Cheaters I should fail you bo-"

"So, they're all done right?!"

"Eh?" Jaeger turned to face the speaker, a look of fear quickly crossing his face.

"That mean's its my turn!" Shai stated, a sadistic grin on her face.

"What?! Wait! No!" He squeaked, quickly throwing up his arms in defense. Shai's grin becoming even more devilish and sadistic.

"It won't hurt that much baby! Combat Art: Howling Tempest!" She commanded, waving her arm at Jaeger as a massive blast of wind shot forward, knocking those on stage off and literally liquefying Jaeger from the force.

Shai uses Howling Tempest!
Jaeger takes 76 damage!

Half the stage looked wrecked, the only thing unfazed was the terminal still humming quietly. Shai's arm fell to her side as she sighed.

"Coulda been better, must be rusty." She grumbled as Jaeger slowly reformed, clutching his side in pain.

"Fuck woman! That hurts! Don't do that!" Jaeger cried out, everyone else looking on in shock or bewilderment.

"Heh, looks like its my turn then isn't it?" Aru asked calmly, getting up from his seat. Jaeger quickly took a step back in fright. As Aru approached the stage, his shirt started to move, revealing itself for what it actually was as it spread to cover the entirety of his left arm in metal, like an extremely large gauntlet. But what was most unique was what was happening to his right side as his arm quickly started to become covered in scales, his hand forming into a claw as the scales spilled over onto the right side of his torso, his right wing quickly losing feathers as it became leathery and draconic, the scales traveling up his neck and covering part of the right side of his face, his right eye turning a blood red.

"Oh man, not the dragon form." Jaeger whined pitifully as he prepared to defend himself, a grin flashing across Aru's face.

"It won't hurt...much." Aru commented before launching himself at Jaeger. "Cruel Reaper!" He roared.

Aru uses Cruel Reaper!
Jaeger takes 138 damage!

Before anyone could tell what happened, it was over. Jaeger was in a crumpled heap on the floor, struggling to keep himself from literally falling apart, coughing up what one could only assume was his version of blood. To say most everyones' jaws were on the floor would be appropriate for those that hadn't caught on. Aru turned to face them briskly.

"If you're confused...allow me to explain." He stated calmly as he slowly reverted back to human form, the gauntlet returning to being a shirt. "My name is Aru, I lead the Red Dawn. You've all passed. Congratulations. This test was done to get a basic glimpse of what each of you focus on so we know what to train to make you tournament champions." He stated as he walked over to the terminal, staring at the flashing screen. "Seems we're missing a few, oh well. Shai can you heal up Jaeger?" He asked, looking over at her before returning his attention to the group. "Jaeger here will be training you in physical combat, Shai will be training you in Arts. Training begins tomorrow at sun up." He opened a hatch in the terminal and pulled out several small robots, no larger than a soda can each. "These will be your companions they will keep you up to date on where to go and when, they also have your rooming assignments stored in them, feel free to name them if you wish. They will inform you of any announcements we have to make, so keep them with you at all times. Now come up here and get your companion." He finished, staring at them all calmly.

(At this point feel free to interact, go get food in the cafe, go sleep in your room, explore the city, just dont forget your companion!)
Aru
Aru
Admin

Number of posts : 109
Weapon : Gilgamesh
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Character sheet
Health Points:
The Prologue - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue251/251The Prologue - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (251/251)
Health Points 2:

https://reddawnrpg.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomi Hayashi Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:15 pm

Tomi just sat back in silence as everyone else went up and had their way with Jaeger. The child was sharp enough to notice that the silver man… thing was vulnerable against arts while being strong against physical attack. It will have to keep that in mind whenever Aru, who had just introduced himself as the leader, decides to have his new members fight against Jaeger again. After the leader commanded Shai to heal the silver man... thing, he announced that he would be giving his new recruits a gift: a companion robot.

The child sat up straight upon hearing this news. Two presents in one day? Never had Tomi been so kindly treated by a group of people they barely met. The youth seem to fidget in its seat though it was stubbornly keeping an expressionless face. A robot on its own! Tomi could hardly wait! They shifted their glance to the large robot that accompanied its mechanic. Will these companion robots be as “cool” as the giant metal beast? The child didn’t seem to mind the idea of getting a smaller robot with lesser capabilities. A toy is still a toy.

When Tomi moved up to the platform to collect its own companion, it noticed that the terminal had several different kinds of robots with different colors and shapes. The first one that caught its eyes was a spherical bot with its antennae bent in different ways. The child pulled it away from the other companion robots and inspected it before walking off the platform. The yellow paint that used to coat it was faded and chipping and it had eyes that seems to be able to make different expressions. Right now, the bot had its beady eyes trained on Tomi as if it was studying something. For a moment, the child and the small machine stared at each other before the abandoned looking robot chirped up. “Subject: Tomi Hayashi. Status: New Member. Welcome, pii~!

Pii~? Something in Tomi’s eyes sparkled after the robot spoke. There was something the child wanted to do for the robot before doing anything else, but it lacked the tools and money to do it. It let go of its new companion, allowing it to float in the air effortlessly, and started looking at the other people in the room. Who looked like they could help the child?
Tomi Hayashi
Tomi Hayashi

Number of posts : 31
Weapon : Qiang

Character sheet
Health Points:
The Prologue - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue42/42The Prologue - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (42/42)
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaeger Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:19 pm

It had been a long time since Jaeger had felt this much pain. Though he was by no means unfamiliar with it. Still, this was very unpleasant, his metal molecules could reform and be manipulated in any way he wished, but he still felt pain... And all the "wounds" he had received from the newbies was nothing compared to those last two attacks.... The jerks, he knew there was bound to be some time when Aru and Shai would pay him back from all the pranks he had been pulling on them.

The most painful thing he felt in his body right now was the excess of energy and strain in all his molecules. He would heal on his own by gradually releasing the energy and resting... But it would take time, and he would be in excruciating pain most of that time. So yeah, getting healed by Shai was definitely the best way to go. Still coughing a few times some more blobs from his own metal, (Which of course immediately returned to his body,) He slowly crawled towards were Shai was standing, exaggerating his pain and wounds.

*cough* I don't.... Have much time left... *coughs* But before I go... Please.... *wheeze* KISS ME! Even with all his pain, Jaeger's perverted sense of humor remained as strong as ever, and now being closer to Shai than what he was usually allowed too. He didn't waste his chance to form two exaggeratedly big metallics lips and smacked them into Shai's face. This was very painful for him, but oh so very worth it. He knew that after that, Shai would want nothing more but to increase his pain more. But the boss had gave her an order. And even she, knew that what he said, went.
Jaeger
Jaeger

Number of posts : 16
Weapon : Himself
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Character sheet
Health Points:
The Prologue - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue296/296The Prologue - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (296/296)
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shai Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:34 pm

Shai isn't in right now, leave your name and number at the tone of the bleeps.

"[CENSORED]!!!!!!"

Yep, there it was.

First off, EW. Secondly, GAH COLD. Third, HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK IS HE KISSING ME FOR. Fourth, ...I think I might kill him.

And so, Shai shoved his gigantic COLD metal lipped face away from her, jumped up, and gave him a nice boot to the face. "If I didn't have my orders," she said, a mix between a grin and a scowl on her face, making her look like she was about to crack up or beat the shit out of him, "I'd go Forbidden Arts on your ass." Instead, she plopped down next to Jaeger, who was currently holding his face in (more) pain, and touched a finger to his shoulder. Bored, she sighed, "Healing Arts: Angelic Touch."

Now that Jaeger was looking better, Shai set her elbows on his knees and leaned in to him. "Now who wants a kiss?" she laughed, pucking her lips at him and making kissy noises. She could tell that he was not amused, which amused her to no end.
Shai
Shai

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Character sheet
Health Points:
The Prologue - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue215/215The Prologue - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (215/215)
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:41 am

Alex looked in disbelief to what was left of the podium, a clear reminder that with this team, Angela, Ize and he would definatly reach their goal.
He didn't know what to focus on, tinman's crumpled " Or.. liquified? " body, Aru that turned dragon, the wrecked stage or the robots.
Alex listened to the winged man before staring in wonder at the robots. " Companions? " he looked toward Angela and Ize who both had equally confused looks on their faces.

"Now come up here and get your companion." Immediatly the child from before was upon the stage, and it didn't take long before the child had left the stage with what looked like a ball. Alex didn't need to hesitate any longer, his curiosity had been piqued. He stood up and sheathed his sword. He paced toward the podium with an interested look upon his face. With an audible CLICK of the catch on the hilt of his sword, Alex started up what once used to be the steps of the stage, walking toward Aru who held the robots.

Completely ignoring what had happened between tinman and the woman, Alex stopped in front of the terminal and looked down.
They were indeed strange looking things. They hovered above the Terminal, keeping themselves in place.
Each had it's own shape and what seemed to be a vague colour. Their movements made it look like they were sleeping, waiting for someone to touch them or pick them up. He hestitated before reaching out toward a cilindrical shaped robot. It flinched, surprising Alex in turn, but then, much like a young animal, approached his hand. After a moment's acquaintance, the robot zoomed up Alex' sleeve. " Hey, what.. what dYou think you're doing? " Alex fidgeted with his sleeve, the robot popped out of his coat next to his head Who're you? it asked innocently " I'm Alex " Alex had noticed what looked like a head had popped out of one of the ends of the robot " Who're you? " I don't know it answered Who am I? And what's that thing on your back? " It's my sword. "
The robot whizzed round Alex' head before stopping infront of his face, this time, two arms had popped out of the sides of the robot, it grabbed a clasp on Alex' coat and started examining it " You know, you remind me of a drinks can " A drinks can? Alex immediatly had a name for his companion. " Canbot. " the robot looked at Alex with it's two.... camera's. I'm Canbot. it said Hi Alex.
Alex laughed " C'mon Canbot, we'd better clear off before we hold everyone up "
Alex
Alex

Number of posts : 21
Weapon : Zefiris

Character sheet
Health Points:
The Prologue - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue70/70The Prologue - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (70/70)
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui Li Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:10 am

After rewraping his weapon, and setting it by the chair again he made his way over to the companion robots. Rui closed his eyes and reached in to the pile, letting his hand close around one near the bottom, and pulled to the surface.

Rui couldn't say he was impressed. It looked like a paperweight, more that a robot. His new companion was grey, and sort of disk shaped like a go piece with a white strip on it's middle. Rui kinda felt cheated as it didn't seem to do any thing interesting.

"Huh." He muttered to himself, holding the robot up to his ear and shaking, thinking perhaps some part of it was broken. He was surpised to hear a soft click inside. Looking at it again, he noticed a tiny camera lens about the size a shape of an apple seed, stared back at him. A few seconds later two little lights blinked on as well below the camera, giving the impression that it had three eyes. "Ah" Rui observed "A wierd face."

"Ah, A wierd face." The little robot mimiced cheerfully. Rui was nearly startled into dropping it. It.. repeated what I said?. Rui decided to experiment. "Hello?"

"Hello" It repeated back happily.

Ah, an unexpected trait. I suspect it could be irrating fast though. Still it is mine now I suppose. It seem... off for myself to have a robot though. It's kind of uncomfortable for me, I hope this guy is useful enough to be worth it. Rui cleared his throat awkwardly. "You don't expect me to name you do you."

"Expect! Name, you! Name, you!" It insisted, hopping onto his shoulder like a frog.

"Eh! What's with the sudden inconsistancy?! Did you just get lazy and restruct the sentence to fit your own needs" He said raising an eyebrow and trying to pluck it off his shoulder.

"Lazy." It admitted bouncing onto Rui's head to avoid his hand.

"Eh? Why'd I get stuck with a troublesome one? Fine, I'll call you Echo, since that seems to be your favorite thing to do. Now please get out of my personal space, who knows was using you last, I'd rather not catch anything from you."

"A troublesome one" It repeated contentedly, not wanting to move. "Echo personal space."
Rui Li
Rui Li

Weapon : EightyEight

Character sheet
Health Points:
The Prologue - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue62/62The Prologue - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (62/62)
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izelia Ishkar Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:25 am

Right after Izelia had finished talking with Vieth, she couldn't help tilting her head a little after he left, His last "answers" were far more dark and cryptic than before. Still, that just made her a bit more curious about that fellow... It was almost as if he wasn't really human. But before she could ponder more about that weird hooded guy, Angela quickly began to tease Izelia. To which Izelia could help twitching a little. Then again, knowing those two, this was hardly surprising.

Her attention quickly shifted when she saw that woman get into action... That attack she made was very powerful, and even made Jaeger complain in pain. Izelia then watched in even more awe the performance made with the winged man. After it was all finished, she was glad to hear that those last two would also be teachers. For a moment, she dreaded to think the creepy metal guy would be their only instructor. Then, another rather odd announcement was made, Robots...? She raised one eyebrow as she watched the little kid get the first one. Why the hell do we need to have those things around? Izelia didn't like the idea much at first. For a moment she thought she wouldn't need one if he relied on the one Alex just got, or the one Angela would get.... But that also meant that she would have to stick with them EVERYWHERE. Not a fan with that Idea either. She shrugged. And stood in line behind the blond haired young man with the giant boomerang.

Looking at the rather unimpressive robot he got. Izelia decided that she should definitely pay attention to the one she would be getting. Looking at the varied models that were hovering around in their place, there was one that vaguely resembled a small, robotic hawk. But of course, it had the appearance of a sleeping bird with it's winds closed, and with much less complex lines than a real hawk. It was, after all, just a small robot. Since she liked hawks though, and that model looked more interesting to her than the others, she slowly reached for it, and just when one of her fingers touched it. The Robotic Hawk's eyes suddenly lit with a clear green light.

After a few seconds passed so the Hawk's sleeping stated was modified so it's wings looked now "open" and it's metallic, claw less feet evident. The small robot emitted a humming sound oddly reminiscent to a hawk's screech, but softly. Turning it's head to stare directly at Izelia's eyes, the Hawk-like robot's wings lit up faintly, and the curious robot began to hover in front of her. "Analyzing new user's ID... confirmed. New user Identified: Izelia Ishkar... Greetings." The robot's voice had a unique voice. Izelia giggled softly, something extremely uncharacteristic of her, that robot looked very cool. The robot then hovered to land at Izelia's left arm, something that startled her and made her retract her arm like before. "Not in there! Use the other one!...." She complained. To which the Hawk-like robot complied, changing it's position to her right shoulder. "Command noted. Observation: User's tone is inappropriate for a biologically mature individual" Izelia immediately glared at the bird. Surprised and annoyed that the same time. "Oi..." "Observation: "Oi" is not a word suited for a female individual." Izelia sighed. Suddenly, Her little hawk robot wasn't as cool as she thought anymore.
Izelia Ishkar
Izelia Ishkar

Character sheet
Health Points:
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:14 am

Angela had been looking in shock when the annoying metal man was turned into a puddle. The winged man and then woman had been teachers! This was great! Oh please let me be able to study under the female teacher she thought. I got to learn that spell! She grinned, while looking at her new teachers, they had all passed and with these teachers, she'd surely reach her goal.

"Now come up here and get your companion." Angela eagerly stood in line. She smirked to see the companions of Alex and Izelia were totally different then their personalities. She wouldn't make that mistake, at least she hoped so. While other participants passed her with their new friends, it was finally her turn to pick her own.

The box was full of small little robots, tiny and with faded colors. Perhaps it wasn't that easy to guess their personality. Angela felt sorry for the robots, they had obviously not been taken care of properly, or else they wouldn't have looked so old. She felt sad too about the fact she couldn't pick them all, some would still have to wait for an owner after this was done.
Her eyes scanned over the tiny robots, eventually focusing on a small orange kitten like robot, sleeping in the corner. Carefully she reached towards it and picked it up.

A soft purring started, while the cat robot seemed to uncurl and stretch itself like a real cat. It yawned and sat down on Angela's palm. For a second it looked at her before it began to speak. HOT DAMN! It spoke in a female voice. Well aren't you a looker? Oh yeah, you'll attract lots of attention. I'm SO glad I'm not paired up with a fugly person.
Angela blinked in disbelieve. "... What?"
Cleo stretched once more and then hovered over to Angela's shoulder. The name's Cleo kid. Stick with me and you'll get laid every night of the week. TWICE!
Angela's face grimaced. Oh no... I got a female version of tin man!
Angela
Angela

Number of posts : 22
Weapon : Jian

Character sheet
Health Points:
The Prologue - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue32/40The Prologue - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (32/40)
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Clive Grayson III Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:51 pm

Clive watched everyone with interest, especially the two teachers beat up the mercury guy. 'Well, I guess his name is Jaeger, the girl is Shai, and badass wingman who can turn into a half-dragon is Aru. This will be... interesting to say the least.' But, it wasn't until Aru brought out the companion robots that Clive's eyes really lit up.

Clive finally scrambled down off of Tech-4 and bounded over to the table with all of the little robots after a few people had already taken theirs. He looked at all of them, and I mean all of them. He kept pushing them all about, his scavenging instincts kicking in as he dug to find the one that would jump out and pick him. He found it in one that was, quite honestly, a small brick. Clive picked it up and turned it around in his hands, inspecting it. It was heavy like a small brick, but it was painted black and white, kind of like a penguin. It was then Clive wondered if he actually picked up a brick instead of a robot until he found a back panel to it that could be pried open. Curiosity getting the better of himself, especially since his robot wasn't starting up, Clive did just that and pried the casing open.

Inside was a mess of wires and panels that proved that Clive was carrying a robot instead of a brick. As Clive was about move a few wires about, the case suddenly snapped shut and the robot floated out of his hands, spinning about to show it's lit side to Clive. It had two white eye-lights, one encased behind a circle of glass. "Good afternoon, Lord Clive Greyson the Third. I would so prefer if you would not explore around my circuitry." Clive blinked and frowned at the mention of his full name by the robot, nearly no one he ever spoke to before knew his actual title, and now nearly all of the strangers who he hasn't met yet would know. He also frowned about how the robot wouldn't let him poke around inside, Clive only wanted to see what made this little robot work and float.

Unfazed by Clive's reaction, the robot continued talking. "I am Jeeves, your personal robot companion. How may I help you, my Lord? Clive frowned again, this time at the robot's insistence on calling him lord. It was then Clive realized the robot was talking exactly like a butler and painted like it was in a tuxedo. He remembered that it had been a long time since he had robots that did that, and wondered if he shouldn't have this one. After all, that was a lifestyle he wasn't keen on remembering and letting other people know about. However, it seemed like once you picked one, you were stuck with it.

Biting back a sigh, Clive pointed to Tech-4 which was still idle by the seat Clive chose. "Start by connecting with Tech-4 and downloading his specs, you'll need to know that." "Right away, Lord Greyson." Jeeves replied, floating over to Tech-4. "Just call me Clive, please." Clive called after it, which then replied, "Of course, Lord Clive." Clive sighed while Jeeves extended a cable from somewhere in its small frame and connecting it to a well hidden port on the side of Tech-4's head. Clive walked over to make sure things went smoothly, he was connecting a robot made from scratch with a robot from a factory and had no clue if they were even compatable.
Clive Grayson III
Clive Grayson III

Number of posts : 25
Weapon : The Junker

Character sheet
Health Points:
Health Points 2:
The Prologue - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue21/21The Prologue - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rathe Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:45 pm

Rathe’s eyes were bugging out of his skull, his jaw hanging open, and a look of absolute horror on his face. I need to learn how to not misjudge people…He was currently agonizing over the fact that Ce’Nedra, or Shai, had practically decimated metal man. Jaeger. Lucky for him, Rathe was good with names. And even luckier, he hadn’t voiced his opinion of how weak Shai had looked, else he might have found himself on the receiving end of that spell before the day was out.

And Aru…holy fuck. Wings was strong as fucking HELL. Just looking at that attack almost made his eyes water. It was practically perfect. Cruel Reaper…that must be an attack that he’d worked out on his own. Rathe was glad to hear he wouldn’t be kicked from the group…he really wouldn’t be able to live with himself knowing that he would never get a chance to train with Aru.

Rathe didn’t rush to get his companion robot. It just didn’t seem all that important what kind he got. As long as it functioned well enough to relay information to him, he didn’t care what else it did. He strolled over and picked up the first one he saw.

It was completely spherical, a shiny tinted purple color to it, with a black ring around the center of it. The top half had two black circles on it while the bottom, when he touched it, looked like it could rotate at will. He set it in his palm and poked one of the black circles, waiting for something to happen.

Suddenly, the black circles both lit up green. Rathe nearly dropped it in surprise. “PRRREEEE!” it squealed, warming up. “♫ Whaaaaat is your naaaaaame? ♫” the companion robot sang out in bright, slightly disharmonic tones.

Um. Rathe.

♫ UM RAAAAAAAATHE! ♫” it sang loudly, making Rathe want to cover his ears. Apparently this one didn’t know how off-key it was.

No, no, my name is just Rathe.

♫ JUST RAAAAAAAATHE! MAKE UUUUUUP YOUR MIIII-III-IIIIND! ♫” The damn thing would not stop singing. Or getting his name wrong.

No, my name is Rathe. Rathe. Get it right, you stupid piece of shi-OW!” The robot’s body emitted a light shock that ran through it and into Rathe’s hand, making him drop it, but the robot simply began to hover before it had the chance to hit the ground. It was more of a surprise than pain, but it still stung. Rathe nearly kicked the thing out of the air in frustration, but instead thought the better of it and just started to walk away.

♫ Where are you gooooiiiiiing, Raaaaaathe? ♫” The little beast was following him around now. Annoying little bugger.

Rathe couldn’t help but glare at the little monster. It was singing, its singing was awful, and it had shocked him. “Buzz off, shrieker.

SHRIEKER?!” it exclaimed. Rathe sighed. [I]Finally, it stopped singing. “♫ Thaaaaaaat is a peeeeerfeeeeeeeect naa-aaaaame! Thank yooooouuuuuuu, RAAAATHE! ♫” It ended on a high note that made Rathe's head hurt. Sighing, he just kept walking, Shrieker following him out of the room.

Last edited by Rathe on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rathe
Rathe

Character sheet
Health Points:
The Prologue - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue54/54The Prologue - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (54/54)
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:47 pm

Alex waited where he and his friends had sat, for them to return from retrieving their companions.
In the meantime he had observed Canbot. Canbot, it would seem was as curious about everything as Alex was, but didn't have the obligation of protecting somebody, and hovered off to where it's curiosity led it. Alex foresore annoyances in the future but didn't know what to do about it, it wasn't asif Canbot was doing anything wrong. In the end Alex figured it best to leave it to it's own devices, aslong as it didn't break anything or malfunction he was happy with Canbot.

He looked toward the stage where Izelia and Angela were standing with their robots. Izelia looked annoyed. Angela, for want of a better word, looked shocked.
Alex called for Canbot as the two walked down from the stage together.
Who're they? inquired Canbot, " They're friends, they've picked up two of your friends, c'mon, let's go meet them. "
Canbot started whizzing round Alex' head again as he approached his friends.

The Prologue - Page 3 Alexwebtt9
Alex
Alex

Number of posts : 21
Weapon : Zefiris

Character sheet
Health Points:
The Prologue - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue70/70The Prologue - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (70/70)
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:55 pm

Arch was sitting on the floor as Aru explained. When the presintation was over Arch stood up and hopped over to his sword. He picked it up walked over to the table with the bots, a few were already gone but Arch just a grabbed one that was sqaure with tank like wheels and a little oval head. "Hi!" Arch said while walking out of the room, "What do you what for name?" The a robot turend it's head to him, "Name please," the robot said sounding like a, well, robot "Arch," Arch replied to the robot.

"Armirmative, I am Help-Bot number 158, AKA, Cho" I replied, "Cho? Any way, I want to sleep so off I go." While walking to a room that could be slept in Arch asked "Hey, Cho, can you be an alarm to?" Arch asked with curiosity, "Armirmative, what time shall you be waken?" Cho asked, "When the something starts Cho," Arch replied.

Last edited by Arch on Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Arch
Arch

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Character sheet
Health Points:
The Prologue - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue55/60The Prologue - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (55/60)
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Lucan Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:09 pm

Lucan glared down at the robot, and it in turn glared up at him, both of them veyr dissaporving of one another. "Why won't you let me identify you?" bleeped the machine, it's robotic voice sounding eerily similiar to Lucan's. "Why do you need to identify me? I've already told you my name is Count Lucan... isn't that all you need to know?" Lucan was by no means amused that he had found this kind of robot, and it did not look amused to see him, however it was a robot and was generally expressionless anyway. "Yes, it is important!" Snapped the machine, clearly becoming annoyed with the Count, "I'm required by programming to- AIIEEE!" The robot let out a mechanical howl that was quickly snuffed out by Lucan shoving the robot into the interior of his cloak and promptly escaping the audiotorium in favour of, well, anywhere.

Eventually settling on the cafe, where he slammed his robot onto the table not taking any care for it's structure. "Alright, identify me, good luck sorting out the results", Lucan was not pleased with letting the robot scan him, nor was it pleased that it had just been stuffed into the man's cloak and then pounded onto the table. "I don't want to", retored the machine in the snottiest voice it could come up with, which wasn't very snotty at all. The Count glared at the machine, an intense loathing bubbling up inside him, "Fine, but you're pushing me to feed you to a goat, you piece of scrap metal." the man was almost hissing when the robot cut him off, sufficiently annoyed itself.

"Who are you?" it bleeped once more, wishing it wasn't able to identify it's emotions, because this was rage. "I have no data on you! As far as I can tell you don't even exist! But that's impossible! Damn... it..." Lucan smirked a cocky smirk in the robot's face, which succeeded in infuriating it even more. "Damn you", it hissed "Damn you, damn you, damn you". Lucan blinked, the robot was actually very upset, which was odd, sicne it wasn't that big of a deal. "You should relax you nosey piece of scrap metal... I'll tell you all about me later on, when we're insured privacy, untill then you should simply relax."

The robot glared at Lucan a few more moments, before letting out what could only be a robotic sigh and resolving itself to patience. "The least you could do is name me, and stop calling me a piece of scrap metal..." Lucan looked the little robot up and down, it was oddly reminiscent of a rat. Actually, it was identical to a rat aside from how it was constructed of metal and capable of bipedal walking. Lucan assumed this was a cruel joke as the rat had a tuxedo design painted onto it which bore the insigna of a political party Lucan had been part of once.
"Alright, I will no longer call you piece of scrap metal, from here on out your name is simply Scrap."

Scrap was not amused.
Count Lucan
Count Lucan

Weapon : Mind Games

Character sheet
Health Points:
The Prologue - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue50/50The Prologue - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomi Hayashi Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:11 am

As Tomi watched the other members choose their new companions, its own spherical companion started barraging the child with questions. "What are you looking for, pii~? I can tell you what room you'll be staying in if you want! Are you going to give me a name? I'll direct you to the cafeteria if you require nourishment, pii~!"

The dark haired youth lifted its hand up to stopped the robots chatter. Even though it was nice to have its companion be sociable, now was not the time to indulge the little robot. "Actions analyzed. Recalibrating AI personality." Recalibrating what? Tomi turned its attention to the metal ball hoving close to its head. The child didn't mean for it to change the way it acts but rather not pester the youth at this moment. What would adults say to undo the damage? The youngster faintly remembered seeing people order their machines around with peculiar words. The mechanic seemed to be more knowledgeable about machinery but Tomi didn't really want to ask.

"O..overide. Cancel last action?" It was a wild guess from the child. It was the first time the child has ever spoken to the companion but the small robot didn't seem to register that or even care. It just chirped again cheerfully. "Understood, pii~!"

Before the unnamed companion bot could resume it's inquiries, Tomi started to walk unsurely towards one of the other members. Most seem to be engrossed with their new companions like the child was a moment ago. Count Lucan, whom was nice to Tomi earlier, took his companion and left in what seemed to be a hurry. The only one who didn't look too busy was the mechanic. His new miniature robot was interacting more with the larger one than the person himself. Another reason to approach him was that he seemed most likely to have the tools the child wanted for its own companion.

As the youth moved towards the blond haired man, its floating robot followed closely behind. Tomi started feeling queasy again at the thought of speaking to the older male but the child continued. Without a word, the child, who was no taller than the man's midsection, held onto the mechanic's jumper by its side. Tomi didn't tug or pull on it to grab his attention, but rather just held on as if it was trying to decide how to ask for help. It just remained that way quietly while looking up at the man without a word.
Tomi Hayashi
Tomi Hayashi

Number of posts : 31
Weapon : Qiang

Character sheet
Health Points:
The Prologue - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue42/42The Prologue - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (42/42)
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izelia Ishkar Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:29 am

Izelia walked in a lazy pace as she left the wrecked stage, the hawk like robot hovering quite close to her shoulder, it didn't take more than a few steps from Izelia though, before The Robot's voice ringed on her right ear, "Observation: User's walking pace and style is inappropriate for a-""Gah! Can it already! don't you know anything else to say? I don't even know your name anyway!" Izelia snapped annoyed at the robot, she wasn't amused the first time it began to correct everything she did, and now it was getting on her nerves. So even making it say something else would be a relief for her."Apologies, it's unusual that the presentation protocol did not start automatically when booted. There must be a bug in my programming""...That would explain why you're so annoying...." Izelia muttered under her breath so the robot would not feel interrupted.

"Serial name: F-12746 Falkenartigen A-FR 8475-2847. Portable Protocol robot at Izelia Ishkar's service" Izelia frowned at the robot, Protocol robot? did they steal this from Angela's house or something? she also was in awe about how useless asking the name of the robot was, there's no way she would bother to memorize all that, let alone repeat it. "Eh, that's too long, I'll just call you Falken." "Acknowledged, Code-name: Falken at Izelia Ishkar's service. Observation: Code-name is not optimal for a Protoco-" "Ugh, can't you just deactivate this "Observation" stuff function off or something? Falken emmited small screech similar to the one it did when booted. "Function not possible: Command source not found." Izelia sighed, Figures.... wait a second...

"Eh, Falken, what was sound you made just now?" "Acknowledged. The Falkernartigen models are provided with several language packages, one included in the default setting as notifications is included to loosely resemble the cry of a Hawk." Izelia's face transformed into a grin "Huh, right then Falken, switch your main language to that." "Warning: User will be unable to u-" "Just do it" *Screee...* Izelia left out a small laugh of victory. She had finally managed to shut up the annoying protocol robot! *Scree!* ... Or at least, it was easier to stand this way, Falken's screeches weren't very loud, and they sounded rather pleasant to Izelia. She definitely welcomed the change.

Finally, with that little big problem solved. Izelia turned to Alex, who had by now approached to where she had been struggling with Falken. She chuckled when she saw the rather funny looking robot that was following him. "Heh, look at that Guard dog, your robot looks as handsome as you!" She felt mocking Alex again refreshing after that had happened recently, and she couldn't resist chuckling more as she only heard Falken screech after what she had said. No doubt it was complaining, but she wouldn't be annoyed at that ever again...
Izelia Ishkar
Izelia Ishkar

Character sheet
Health Points:
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vieth C'rran Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:12 am

Vieth decided it was his turn to get a robot companion. He stepped up to the bin and started moving his hand around inside it. Suddenly he felt a clasping sensation on it. What the... Vieth suddenly pulled his hand up and was shocked to see a penguin-shaped robot clinging to his wrist. Oh of all the... a penguin? Seriously?

Vieth had the most annoyed look he could muster, flat eyes and disapproving frown. Well it picked me, it doesn't really matter. He studied the penguin-bots figure. Small, maybe 10 inches tall. Metallic shine, red eyes glowing. The colorationw as right, at least: black all around, white belly, orange beak and feet. "Well, come along then," Vieth said as he put the penguin on his shoulder. "What's your name anyway?"

"Uh, Animatronic Mechanical Penguin. Uh, will you be my friend?" The penguin-bot said this in a shy, furritive voice, something Vieth did not expect from a robot. "Um, sure I'll be your friend, AMP."

"Uh, AMP is not my name. My name is Anima-" "Yes, I heard you the first time. I'm just calling you by an acronym because it works." "Uh, acronym? Animatronic... Mechanical... Penguin... AMP? I am not an amplifier." "Hmm. You could be though, right?"

The penguin-bot put its mechanical flipper to it's beak, as if thinking. "Uh, sure I guess." A cable popped out of AMPs back a little bit. "Uh, do you have something you want me to amplify?"

Vieth smiled to himself again. "Yes. Let me just set it up." Having wandered off to a chair next to the door, Vieth sat down and unhooked his scythe. Laying it across his knees, he pulled some strings out of his pocket and started fastening them from the blade of the scythe down to a bunch of knobs about halfway down the scythe. "Perhaps we should try this outside of here," Vieth said, and they walked outside the doors. Immediately outside of the meeting room, Vieth grabbed the cable and hooked it up to the end of the scythe. "So, uh, what is this supposed to do? You're scythe isn't, uh, an electric guitar is it?" Vieth smiled. "Let me test it to see if it works. Now please get ready."

Leaning back against the wall, Vieth started strumming a few notes to test if the robot he had actually meshed with his modified weapon. Miraculously, it did, and with an uncharacteristic smile Vieth started playing some bars to warm up. They were quite good, considering that he hadn't played in years, and Vieth was enjoying the prospect of just playing again immensely, so he decided to start playing a song. He began playing "The Hall of the Mountain King", not expecting anyone to be listening.
Vieth C'rran
Vieth C'rran

Character sheet
Health Points:
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rathe Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:20 am

Rathe paused and turned around in the hallway when he heard the first few notes. Is that...no way. He hadn't heard that song in ages! Not since...well, not since that time in Palimer City, but before that, the last time he'd heard it was from his father. Isadore had been teaching Rathe how to play the song, his fingers nimbly moving over the strings as Rathe watched in awe. It wasn't his favorite song, not by far, but Hall of the Mountain King certainly did hold a lot of memories.

Ignoring Shriek's...shriekings ("♫ Doo DOO doooo-doo DOOOOO doo DOOOOooooOOOOooo!... ♫), he walked back to the hooded man. Apparenlt his scythe doubled as an instrument. Interesting...didn't know you could do that with a scythe. "Oy, Reaper," Rathe called to the hooded man. "How long've you been playing? And have you ever dueted with a mandolin player?"
Rathe
Rathe

Character sheet
Health Points:
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vieth C'rran Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:28 am

Somewhat surprised by the voice, Vieth stopped playing and threw back his hood. He was in a surprisingly good mood, although he tried to surpress it. Playing just made him feel more... alive. Of course a smirk appeared across his face when Red-Head first called. People calling me the Reaper? Hehehe... not quite yet. "It's been awhile since I've played. And I haven't played with another person in decades. Need an amp?" Vieth said, gesturing with one hand to his penguin-bot. He's going to need a better name than AMP. I'll come up with one.

Last edited by Vieth C'rran on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : need to learn to preview)
Vieth C'rran
Vieth C'rran

Character sheet
Health Points:
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rathe Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:40 am

"Eh. I don't exactly have an electric mandolin. Can Fluffy here just amp up whatever he touches?" Rathe was kind of excited to play with someone else. Again, he hadn't dueted much since playing with his father back in the early days. He reached into the largest of his three bags and brought forth his mandolin. It was a lovely russet sunset color, faded with age, but supple with its years. The top of the body curved and spiraled delicately, making the neck and the head look elongated. He threw the strap over his head and let it settle against his body.

"♫ Oooooooh! I can be your aaaaamp! ♫" Rathe refrained from groaning. Somehow, he figured that Shriek would make all of the notes wobble and fall flat on their faces with dissonance.

"Eeeeeehh, that's okay. Actually, you know what?" he said to the hooded man, swinging the mandolin over his back. "This is probably the time when we should unpack, familiarize ourselves with the building and all. So yeah, we'll do this another time." With a wave of his hand, Rathe started off down the corridor again.

So...where am I going again?

"TO ROOM 114!" Shrieker shouted as though it had just read Rathe's mind, floating ahead of him and guiding him further down the hall.
Rathe
Rathe

Character sheet
Health Points:
Health Points 2:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next